Jawahar Kala Kendra: Centre For Preserving Ancient Culture of Rajasthan
The building program is disaggregated and comes with the 8 separate grouping according to the myth represented by the planet.
- The library is located in the square of planet mercury which represents knowledge traditionally.
- The theatres are found in the Venus house that represents the art
- The central square is designed based on Vedic Shastras and represents nothing which is everything. This square comes with the flooring pattern of lotus that represents the sun (city palace, Jaipur).
Some of the inferences from the centre are as follows:
- The buildings of the centre are designed based on the vaastu pursh mandala. The architect has tried his best to create the brand image of the historical city and have tried to get the essence of the existing form in a superficial manner.
- However, the critical sustainable aspect of the traditional architecture of Jaipur was not tackled well.
- The place comes with the interplay of shadow, light and colours which invokes emotion in the user and makes them to move forward.
- The space flow as a narrative and also changes the mood of the user. However the overall circulation lacks the corridor that is fully covered which makes it unusable especially during rainy season and in summers.
- The alfresco theatre is not only good looking but also enclosed by the high walls which creates ventilation and acoustic problems when it is heavily crowded.
- The high walls make the façade building enclosed and the same do not open up to the city but within the building the activities are disintegrated but come as a mixture of various cultural activities that takes place individually.
Read More 3 Star Hotels in Jaipur, 4 Star Hotels in Jaipur, 5 Best Art Galleries in Jaipur, Aadhar Card Centers in Jaipur, About Jaipur, Jaipur Lodges, Administration in Jaipur, Trekking and Camping in Jaipur, Albert Hall Museum in Jaipur, Amber Fort Jaipur, Anokhi Museum, Apano Rajasthan, Azim Premji Foundation, Bagru Industrial Area, Birla Planetarium in Jaipur, Best Flea Markets in Jaipur, Fashion Boutiques in Jaipur, Jaipur Foreign Exchange, Labor Court Jaipur, Jaipur Literary Festival, Exhibitions in Jaipur, Pink city, Markets in Jaipur, Jaipur Literature festival, Moti Dungri, Culture In Jaipur, Hawa Mahal, Best Places to Shop in Jaipur, shelter to old age people, Monuments in Jaipur, Food in Jaipur, Shopping Malls in Jaipur, Jaipur Airport, Temples in Jaipur, Sawai Mansingh Cricket Stadium, Nahargarh Fort, Jaipur Metro Rail Services, Pushkar City Guide, Nahargarh Fort, Rajasthani food, Jaipur airport